Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Murphy Hill Gallery II





Ralph Murphy stopped by the store last week
and alerted me to the new exhibit in his gallery.

As usual, it wasn't artists that he had selected,
but at least someone had selected them
(their sales rep)

And happily,
one of them was George C. Clark
a member of my art club
whose drawings show up many times
on ThisoldPalette

I've known George for 30 years,
and
there's always something both strange
and ordinary
about his scenes.











This is Halloween
(see the little ghost ?)

There's no axe murderer here,
but obviously
sudden and violent
death is in the air.







This artist goes by the name Isz.

I think that if a person feels this way,
she should sit down
and take a few deep breaths
but
it certainly feels well crafted




This is an image
that never saw paint and brush,
except within a program like Photoshop.
The artist is Eric Sorensen.

I suppose
I just like to lie on the grass
and look up at the trees.











This was my big discovery for the day,
the photography of John Segami.



I'm not a big fan of photography
(except of statuary)
but these images
just sucked me right into their mysterious world.

They seem so well designed,
I thought that John Sagami had
manipulated them as digital images,
but no.

He's just using all the tools of
of a good, old fashioned camera.



it's such a busy scene,
and yet it makes me feel so relaxed




and here's my favorite.

It feels just the way I "see"
the episodes in the Shanghai novels
I've been reading.

( I always read stories in black-and-white)

6 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

I like the Clark.

February 05, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it the car, approaching (also dressed as a ghost! inasmuch as painted cars can be dressed) that makes it so?

February 05, 2009  
Blogger chris miller said...

I'm just thinking -- the car is right on track to hit the house -- that's already colored brilliant red -- in anticipation of the disaster.

A Halloween they'll never forget!

February 05, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps the little ghost and the one ringing the bell are safe from the leering fellow at the wheel, then...

Either that or ghost will be ghost, I suppose.

I suppose you are out and about in Chicago, looking at pictures. Watch out for the white cars.

February 07, 2009  
Blogger chris miller said...

Oh noooooo !

I never even noticed that bone-white car, Marly -- parked so inconspicuously down the street.

You are very perceptive -- and clearly this means that you have many more years left to live than I.

February 07, 2009  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, This is Eric Sorensen. Thank you for posting my painting. It is in fact watercolor on paper and not done in photoshop. for more of my work visit www.ericolor.com Best wishes, eric

April 04, 2017  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<